Writing movie critiques is one of the most exciting academic tasks. For one thing, it involves watching a movie, which is entertaining in itself.
For another thing, it involves your visual perception which allows you to obtain much more information than you normally do when reading a book. But however entertaining the movie itself might be, writing a movie critique presupposes certain procedures that you should observe in order to get your assignment right.
Movie Critiques Writing: Watch the Movie
However ridiculous it may sound, watching the movie for purposes of writing a movie critique is not that simple. Consider the following:
- always take notes during watching: it is impossible to remember all dates, places, actions, quotes, and impressions which you might need later on for writing a movie critique;
- if needed, re-watch the movie for specific details.
Movie Critiques Writing: Conduct Background Research
Movies do not appear out of nowhere. Therefore when writing a movie critique, you should analyze the movie in a certain context, which may include:
- a historical period;
- a social tendency;
- the director’s and/or actor’s personalities; etc.
Obviously, you will need to do some background reading and provide comparison (or contrast) of the movies with its background.
Movie Critiques Writing: Organize Your Ideas
Having both the film and the background information, start writing a movie critique:
- introduce the movie title, genre, director, and any other relevant factual information;
- provide a brief summary of the movie;
- choose the focus of your analysis: the plot, the setting, the characters, certain scenes, manner of visualization.
- illustrate your points with examples from the movie.
If you don't know how to write a movie critique but you need to write this type of paper, you can hire professional writer from ExpertWriting.org - movie critique writing services.